Friday, July 16, 2010

Cherishing the Good

Sometimes I take a moment to reflect on where things are in my life and what I can do to fix the negative and how I can get more positives. A really crappy thing occurred to me today though, for a lot of the negatives going on right now, i am completely powerless. 100% out of my control. I hate that more than I can tell you.

I hate that I can't make my mom all better, or even a little bit better. I hate that my husband's work schedule keeps him out of the house so much this summer. I was looking at pictures of my sister-in-law, Deanna, today, and hate that she is gone and that I know so many people miss her so deeply.

Is that what it means when people talk about life spiraling out of control? I wish I could freeze the good moments. I wish I could keep my kids young and sweet and safe. I wish I could forever hold onto the feeling when my husband holds me in his arms or when my kids gently kiss my cheek.

I can't control what is happening now or whatever it is life has in store for me next. I guess hate best I can do is savor those precious moments. I may not be able to freeze them, but I can cherish them and never forget the blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment