Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Say Cheese!

Regis and Kelly are running their annual cutest baby contest. Like every other parent in America, I am convinced that my babies are indeed, the cutest. I can't figure out yet why neither of my girls were ever in the running. Now that they've aged out, my attention is on my two beautiful boys. I decided today to focus on getting the perfect picture of my 2-year-old. I did his hair, I put on a cute little sweater, and pulled out the camera.

I probably took 30 pictures, most of which were out of focus because he was rushing over to the camera to check himself out. Or, he was doing this super cute, but not award-winning smile, where he scrunches up his face and shows off ALL of his teeth. I find it precious, but I think Regis and Kelly would say otherwise.

It now seems I may go with a different picture, from a different day when his hair was messy and he was wearing a t-shirt. It isn't staged or just right, but it is my little guy all the way.

I feel like this whole, stressful photography experience is just a metaphor for my life. I work to set things up the way I think they will work best. I do what I think will create the perfect outcome, but at the end of the day, I am always reminded that most aspects of life are out of my control. And that is okay, because sometimes it turns out the things we didn't plan for, like messy hair and a blue t-shirt, are exactly the right thing! All I can do really do is set it all up, and hope when the shutter releases there is something there worth framing!

No comments:

Post a Comment