Thursday, January 7, 2010

Turn to Page 42

Remember when you were younger and you used to read those "choose your own adventure" books. I loved those. I always loved books in general, though. Anyway, remember how those always seemed to turn out, you'd choose to go down the pretty, tree lined path, only to have an ogre jump out and eat you...story over. It was great, though, because you could turn back and see what would have happened had you gone through the door in the tree, or gotten on the horse with the mysterious stranger. You could always go back to see where the story could have taken you.

Life if only half like that, I've realized. We have all these options...all these choices to make and adventures to choose. The thing is, normally we only get one shot. We can't turn back and know how our lives could have turned out had we chosen differently. It can be fun to think about, though.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. About small choices that could have made a big difference. About big choices that could have changed everything I know in my life now. No matter what scenario I imagine, though, nothing compares to the life I have now with my amazing husband and awesome kiddos. I really mean that. Not that I think sitting on the couch crocheting in my college sweats and watching television while my husband sleeps on the other side of the couch snoring is glamorous in any way, shape or form, but it is my life and I wouldn't change it.

I don't mean there aren't changes I can make to who I am to improve my life or better myself, but where I am in my life is exactly where I am meant to be. It is a great feeling to know that without any doubt. I hope there are a lot more adventures for me to choose in my life, and I know whatever choice I make will be the right one as long as I have my family with me.

"Life is the sum of all your choices." ~Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment