Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bumps and Bruises

Yesterday was one of those days I probably would have been better off had I just stayed in bed...or a padded room...I would have gone either way! My eye has been giving me a lot of problems, so I finally caved and made my first ever appointment with the eye doctor, only to be told he couldn't find the problem. REALLY? After shining a light that I'm pretty sure was as bright as the sun in my eyes for 35 minutes, putting 38 different kind of drops in my eyes (I may be exaggerating a bit with 38), and making me sit through all of your corny eye jokes, you can't FIND the problem. GRRRRR!

I walked out of the office and, thanks to my dilated pupils, I couldn't see anything but unbearable brightness. Thank God I had my sunglasses. I got home and let out the dogs (who may or may not have been possessed by the devil at the time) only to have one of them slam my knee into the doorway. OUCH!!! Instant bruise and major swelling. Wonderful. Thanks for that.

To keep with my great day, in all my genius, I full forced smacked my hand on the lip of the counter. I don't know the last time I cried that hard. (or swore that loud) I had shooting pains up my arm, and for the second time that day, major swelling. Seriously? Serious?

So at this point you are probably sick of my pity party and ready for the point. I guess the point is that as bad as yesterday was, it was yesterday. It was the past. This is a new day with new possibilities. Sure, I still have 2 bruises and an eye driving me insane, but they don't make up my whole. They are just little pieces that remind me of yesterday.

We all have some bumps and bruises life has left on our bodies and our hearts. Some are on our souls, and all we can do is pray the God helps us find healing for those. As for the bruises that don't fully fade in time, they are the reminders we need in our life of who we are, where we've been, and how we've gotten to where we are in our lives today.

Happy thought for today!

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
-Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning physicist

No comments:

Post a Comment